Haglöf Sweden is the world’s largest producer of increment borers.
INCREMENT BORERS BY HAGLÖF SWEDEN®
Haglöf Sweden is the world’s largest producer of increment borers. Our increment borers come in a great variety of models, lengths, core diameters and sizes.
Haglöf Sweden increment borers are well-known worldwide and the largest borer brand. Haglöf borers have blue handles in grip friendly plastic material and a metallic lock. The borer bits are made from hardened steel with PTFE coating for protection and reduced friction. The extractors are produced in stainless steel with metallic head and special design for easy core extraction of the wood core.
Haglöf Sweden produces the world’s largest assortment of increment borer brands, models and sizes. Haglöf Sweden increment borers have blue handles in grip friendly plastic material and a metallic lock. The borer bits are made from hardened steel with PTFE coating for protection and reduced friction. The extractors are produced in stainless steel with metallic head and special teeth for easier core extraction of the wood core.
|4,3 mm/0.169″||5,15 mm/0.20″||10 mm/0.39″||12 mm/0.48″|
Lengths are available from 100 mm/ 4″ up to 1000 mm/39″. Other custom lengths can be offered, ask us for details.
The increment borer is a classic instrument for fast and reliable results when evaluating age, increment and soundness of trees. Increment borers are also used for decay check-up, pollution control, wood density, chemical penetration control etc. Why Monitor Trees?
Haglöf increment borers are available in a wide variety of sizes, lengths, models, variants and core diameters for all types of wood and trees. Haglöf borers are produced with high quality steel with PTFE one-coat on the borer bit to protect against rust and resin and to reduce friction.
The solid Haglöf borer bit with a barrel shaped tip ensures an easy start and removal from the tree. The extractor is made with stainless steel and metal knobs. The many options of sizes and models of our Haglöf Sweden increment borers guarantee the exact right borer for each specific application.
Haglöf increment borers are 2- or 3 threaded.
- 2-threaded borers are recommended when drilling in hardwood, with a slower penetration in the wood and less friction and stress onto the material.
- 3-threaded borers will penetrate the wood faster and is suitable for most types of wood.
Diameter and threading
Learn about the diameter and thread options of increment borers.
Why choose Haglöf Borers?
- Experience & know-how
- Own production facilities
- Large product assortment
- Large stock for quick deliveries
- Quick problem solving
- Constant improvement and product development
Borers are available from 100 mm or 4” up to 1000 mm or 39”.
For optimal penetration depth, the borer bit should be approximately one half to three quarters of the tree’s diameter.
Standard core diameters are 4.3 mm or 5.15 mm (0.169” and 0.200”).
10 and 12 mm diameter borers are available in assorted lengths and are mainly used for quantitative analyses where large samples are necessary.
Borers are available as either 2 or 3-threaed borer bit. 2-threaded borers are recommended for hardwood. 3-threaded borers are the most popular, since they will be easier to work with and engage faster in the wood.
The borer tip with thread has an unique convex arc-shape to easily penetrate and cut the tree fibre.
The increment borer bits are treated and protected with PTFE-coating which reduces friction and protects against corrosion.
The extractors are made of stainless steel and designed to extra easily pull out wooden cores.
Complete increment borer
A complete increment borer includes the handle, a borer bit and an extractor in selected length and model. Borer bits and extractors can be purchased separately.
Haglöf Increment Borers Product sheet ENU
In 1992, Haglöf Sweden purchased the original And. Mattson borer brand, along with a borer stock and production machinery. Instead of closing down this traditional precision instrument, we decided to continue and develop the production. The Mattson borers maintain their brand specifics and are available in assorted lengths and dimensions.
- Produced in a high precision grinding machine that gives all Mattson the same high quality
- A grip-friendly blue handle with brass bracket with stainless steel borer bit lock.
- Borer bit made of hardened high quality steel which has a chemical nickel phosphorus coating that provides a very hard surface and effective corrosion protection
- The borer tip with thread has an convex arc-shape to easily penetrate and cut the tree fibre
- Extractor of stainless steel with brass knob with unique teeth to easily pull the sample out of the bit.
- All parts carefully shaped into one perfect Mattson
If you are looking for small core diameter borer, Mattson borer is available with 200 mm length and 3.5mm core diameter.
The classic Mattson borer model ”no 905” (length of 500 mm/8” and 3.5mm core diameter) is a best seller designed to withstand tough hardwood.
Mattson Borers Product sheet ENU
In 2010, the classic Djos borer brand was incorporated to the Haglöf Sweden increment borer manufacturing. The Djos borer handles are orange and the borer bit has a special back-threading, preferred by many operators when backing out of the tree.
- The Djos style borer bits are produced with hardened high quality Swedish steel
- Produced in a high precision grinding machine that gives all borers the same high quality
- The borer bits has been PTFE-coated for reduced friction and enhanced protection against corrosion
- The borer bit tip is polished and has the classic original Djos conical shape with back-threading for easy backing out of wood
- Reinforced borer handles with plastic coating allow for protection, good grip and visibility.
- The stainless steel core extractors are individually controlled for exact fit
Djos borers are manufactured in selected lengths and as 3-threaded borers. See separate leaflet for details on the Djos borers.